Now that we are shifting toward digitalization, electronic devices have become extremely important. Definitely, it has made our lives easy. Now you can get things delivered to your home with just a few clicks. You do not need to go to the bank to transfer money or need cash to make payments, everything can be done with a phone, tablet, or laptop.
But for this, you need a reliable electronic gadget that works properly and allows an internet connection. Electronic gadgets can be very expensive for low-income people. But the good part is, there are various government assistance programs that provide free phones, laptops, and tablets to people in need, who cannot afford it.
In this article, we are going to tell you about one such service “Assurance Wireless”. They provide free tablets to low-income people and college students. We will tell you how you can get free government tablet assurance wireless. We will also tell you about its eligibility criteria and alternative options. So without any further delay, let’s just jump on the main topic.
What is Free Government Tablet Assurance Wireless?
The government of the U.S.A. has started Affordable Connectivity Program. Under this program, they provide free phones, laptops, and tablets to low-income people who cannot afford these devices on their own. Various device-providing services like SafeLink Free Phone and TruConnect Free phones work in different locations in the country under this program.
In this same program, Assurance Wireless provides free tablets to low-income people. They have very specific eligibility criteria and only those people get free tablets who meet all the requirements. Not just free tablets, but Assurance also provides free phones for seniors and free laptops for college.
Moreover, even if you do not qualify for a Free Government Tablet Assurance Wireless, you can still get a 10% or more discount, if you buy your new Tablet or any other device with Assurance Wireless. You can also get other benefits like free monthly talk time, free internet data, etc.
Eligibility for Free Tablet Assurance Wireless
Now that you know what the free government tablet Assurance Wireless is, in this section, we will tell you about the requirements for Assurance Wireless free tablet. As we told you, Assurance Wireless has very precise requirements, below mentioned are the requirements for the Assurance Wireless tablet:
- Your overall household income must be 135% or less than the poverty line given under Federal poverty guidelines.
- You must be a citizen and resident of the U.S.A.
- You must be taking any of the following benefit programs offered by the U.S.A. government:
- National School Lunch Free Program (NSLP)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Section 8/Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- SNAP (EBT food stamps)
- If you are not enrolled in any of the government benefits mentioned above, you must be taking any other benefit program by the local government of your state.
How to Apply for Free Government Tablet Assurance Wireless?
Under this section, we will tell you how you can apply for a free tablet Assurance Wireless. In order to get the tablet, you will need to fill out and submit the Assurance Wireless free tablet application form. You can easily find the free government tablet Assurance Wireless application form on the official website of Assurance Wireless. Here is the step-by-step process for the free government tablet Assurance Wireless.
- First of all, go to the official website of Assurance Wireless.
- Click on the “What State Do You Live In” tab to see if Assurance Wireless provides its services in your area or not.
- If the service is not available in your area, then you will have to look for other options, but if they provide free tablets in your area then check the eligibility criteria. The requirements for assurance wireless tablet 10 can vary from state to state.
- After this, click on the “Apply Now” option.
- Now type the ZIP code of your location and check the details of the program for your area.
- After this, you would be redirected to the Assurance Wireless free tablet application. Fill out all the required details in the application form. You might also need to attach some documents like residence proof and income proof.
- Once the form is filled, just go through all the details once again and submit the form. If your request for the free tablet is accepted, you will get a confirmation mail from Assurance Wireless and will receive the tablet within 7 to 10 days.
However, if your free government tablet request would be accepted or not, it totally depends on the complete discretion of Assurance Wireless. Even if you meet all the requirements, they have the complete right to deny your free tablet request.
Why You Should Get Assurance Wireless Tablet?
The main reason to take advantage of this opportunity is, Assurance Wireless provides you with a free tablet. It is a multipurpose device that fulfills all the requirements of a laptop as well as mobile. It is a compact device, so you can easily carry it around like a phone. You can use it to make calls, use social media, and send messages.
Also, the screen is bigger than a mobile so you can use it to perform the functions of a laptop as well, like attending official meetings, making ppts, watching movies, editing, playing games, etc. Moreover, if you attach a keyboard with a mousepad then it can fully work like a laptop.
Now coming to the price point, a tablet is way cheaper than a laptop. You can easily buy two tablets at the price of one laptop. Along with this, the battery life of a tablet is commendable. The battery of a tablet lasts way longer than the battery of a phone or laptop. So all in all, if you meet the requirements then you must apply for a free government tablet Assurance Wireless.
Assurance Wireless Upgrade Service
Has your old phone stopped working? Are you tired of using your old laptop and want to upgrade it? Then Assurance Wireless got you covered. There are various free device-providing services like Illinois free government phone, etc, but Assurance Wireless stands out with its unique upgrade service.
Under this service, Assurance Wireless allows you to exchange your phone with other available phones. Although it is a very good feature and has been helpful for many people, the only problem is the availability of devices. Sometimes you might not get the gadget or model that you want.
If you want to upgrade your phone via Assurance Wireless then you need to go to the official website of Assurance Wireless and click on the “Phone Upgrade Program” tab. Now you will need to enter the details of your current device like how old it is, its brand, model number, etc.
Depending on your current device, you will get the options of gadgets that you can exchange with your device. TruConnect also has a similar service called TruConnect replacement phone where they replace the free phones with new devices if there is any technical issue or error with the device.
Now as we discussed earlier, the requirements for the free government tablet Assurance Wireless are very strict, so everyone cannot get this free tablet. Even if you do not get the free tablet, we got your back. Here we are going to tell you about some alternative options where you can get tablets for free or at a discount.
EveryoneOn is a non-profit organization that provides technical assistance to low-income people. It was established in the year 2012 and since then, it has been helping people by providing them with free and discounted electronic gadgets like phones, laptops, and mobiles. It has helped over 10 lakh people by connecting them to the internet and has provided free devices to over 50 thousand people. It also provides technological literacy to people.
2. The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is one of the most known organizations that work for underprivileged people. They help low-income people by providing them with all the necessities like food, shelter, clothes, medical assistance, etc. They have understood the importance of technology in the current era, so now they also provide free x mobile, tablets, etc to people in need.
3. The On It Foundation
The next alternative for the Assurance Wireless tablet on our list is the On It Foundation. It is one of the most famous tech-friendly non-profit organizations in the U.S.A. The main motto of this organization is to make mobile phones, laptops, and tablets accessible to low-income people. They work with a number of colleges and provide laptops to students.
Freecycle is an online platform where you can sell and buy old products at lower prices. If you are lucky enough, you can also get products for free. For this, you need to make your account on this platform. After creating your account, if you want to sell your old device then you can upload its pictures, details, model number, etc along with your contact details so that the interested buyer can contact you. On the other side, if you want to buy any product then you can simply just search for it and then contact the owner to buy the product.
Giveaways are also an easy way to get laptops. Many social media influencers and brands go giveaways from time to time where they give prizes like mobile phones, tablets, TV, etc to the winners. You can participate in these giveaways. But if you go for this option, then you need to be very cautious. Because these days there are many fraudsters who create a trap of giveaways and loot innocent people.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Does Assurance Wireless have a laptop?
Yes, Assurance Wireless works under the Affordable Connectivity Program started by the U.S. Government. Under this program, they provide phones, laptops, and tablets to people in need. They especially provide laptops to college and school students.
Q2. What benefits do you get with Assurance Wireless?
If you get the electronic device from Assurance Wireless, then the biggest advantage is the cost. You get the gadget for free or at a discounted price. Along with this, you also get free internet data, free talk time, etc. They also take care of the maintenance and later you can upgrade your device with Assurance Wireless.
Q3. What is the free smartphone Assurance Wireless gives you?
Which free phone you will get with Assurance Wireless, totally depends on your location. Various mobile brands like Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, etc have collaborated with Assurance Wireless in different locations of the country, and depending on that partnership you get your Assurance phone.
All in all, the free government tablet Assurance Wireless is a successful program, and till now it has helped thousands of people. If you need a tablet but cannot afford it then you can go for this benefit that the U.S. government provides. However, if you do not qualify for this program then you can also go with the alternative options that we told you about.
- Elizabeth Jones is one of our editorial team’s leading authors on credit card offers, services & more. With over two decades of experience in the consumer credit industry and as a nationally recognized credit expert, Elizabeth provides in-depth analysis of both traditional & alternative forms of credit. Elizabeth regularly appears on many major media outlets including NBC Nightly News, Fox Business Network, CNBC & Yahoo! Finance. She is also a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine. As a highly appreciated author for our exclusive Editorial Team, Elizabeth strives to provide readers with a trustworthy advice on how to manage their credit accounts while staying informed on the latest offers in the marketplace.
- BlogSeptember 26, 2023How to Block Payments on Cash App: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 21, 2023How to Add Money to Apple Pay: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023PayPal Gift Cards: Everything You Need to Know
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023How to Add an Apple Gift Card to Wallet: A Step-by-Step Guide