Are you looking for a lending service that can provide you with a loan instantly? If yes, then you can turn to Ascend Loans. They provide small personal loans to people in need. In this article, we are going to give you an honest review of this money-lending service. We will discuss its overview, features, qualification, and the top highlights that make this loan a viable option for you.
What are Ascend Loans?
Ascend Loan is a money lending service that provides financial aid to people in need. They provide a maximum loan of up to 12,500. This company is based in San Francisco, CA. If you want to get a loan from them then you need to have a credit score of 580 or more. Also, you need to have an annual income of $35,000 or more. Though their previous customers are not happy with them and there are many reviews on the internet that this company is a fraud and they charge several extra fees as well.
- Required Credit Score: 580 to 850
- Loan Amount: $2,600 to 12,500
- Loan Repayment Term: 12 months to 24 months
- APR: 27.49% to 35.99%
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Loan Funding: 2 to 7 business days
- Loan Approval Time: 24 hours
- There is no fee for the prepayment.
- They also provide loans with a $0.00 origination fee.
- A good option for people with fair credit scores.
- Fast funding.
- You can apply for this loan online.
- There is an option for automatic repayment.
- You can apply for this loan 24 X 7.
- The eligibility criteria are very reasonable.
- They also provide personal loans for bad credit.
Ascend Loans Top Highlights
Here are some of the major factors of Ascend Loan that will help you decide if you should go for these loans or not.
1. Fast Funding
If you need the money urgently then instead of going to the bank, you can take a loan from Ascend. They deposit the loan amount into your bank account within 3 to 7 days of the approval.
2. High APR
Where the APR of other personal loans starts at 5.00% to 10.00%, the APR on Ascend starts at 27. 49% which is way too much. With the same credit score, you can get a loan from any other money lending service at a much lower APR.
3. They Allow Prequalification
Ascend Loans lets you prequalify for the loan. Before sending an application for the loan, you can apply for pre-qualification. By this, they conduct a soft inquiry of your account and let you know your chances of approval for the loan. This avoids the unnecessary hard pull in case of non-approval for a loan.
4. No Orientation Fee
One of the best things about Ascend is, there is no orientation fee. This means that you do not need to pay any fees before applying for the loan. You only have to pay the loan installments after getting the loan amount.
5. Installment Loans
Ascend Loans only offers installment loans. Installment loans are easy to repay and manage. You can repay these loans easily without degrading your lifestyle.
To apply for a loan at Ascend, you will need to check all the qualifications. Here is a list of Ascend Loan requirements:
- First of all, you will have to provide the following documents:
- Citizenship Proof
- Driving License
- Proof of personal bank account
- Income Proof
- Your age should be 18 or more.
- You have to be a citizen of California.
- Your income should be stable.
- You must have a social security number.
- You must have an official email account.
How to Apply for Ascend Loans?
The loan application process for Ascend Loan is pretty easy. You can apply for the loan online, at any time of the day. For this, you will have to follow the procedure given below.
1. Create Your Account
First of all, you will have to go to the official website of Ascend Loans. After this, you will find an option to create your account. Create your account with a username and password. You will also have to provide some of your basic information like your name, address, annual income, date of birth, etc.
2. Apply for Pre-Qualification
Once you create your account, now you will have to make your Ascend Loans login. After getting into your account, you will find an option to apply for pre-qualification. Apply for prequalification to know whether you are eligible for this loan or not.
3. Select a Loan
If you pass the pre-qualification, you will find a list of the loans that Ascend offers. You can select any of the loans that fit your needs.
4. Plan the Repayment
Now that you have selected the loan that would be perfect for you, it’s time to plan for Ascend Loan payment. Find your debt-to-income ratio and manage your monthly expenses in such a way that you are able to pay the monthly installments of the loan and deal with all your expenses as well.
5. Send Loan Application
Now that everything is planned, apply for the loan. Log in to your account and find the “Apply for Loan” tab. Once you find it, click on it and a loan application form will open. Fill out the form with all your details and everything. Attach the required documents and then click on the submit button. Now within 24 hours, you will get to know if your loan application is approved or not.
Should You Get an Ascend Bad Credit Loan?
It is completely your decision if you want to get this loan or not. But before applying for the loan, keep in mind a few important points: even the minimum APR of this loan is very high, so if your credit score is just 580 to 680 then you will have to pay very high interest on this loan. Also, you need to have a minimum annual income of $35,000 or more.
Moreover, there are many bad reviews of Ascend Loan on the internet, which directly reflects that their customers are not happy with them. Many customers have also said that this lending service is a fraud and has several hidden fees as well. Before making your final decision, check the reviews on the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1. Does Ascend do a hard credit check?
If you apply for pre-qualification then they will not conduct a hard credit check, there will be only a soft credit check which will not result in a hard pull. If you send an application for the loan, then they will conduct a hard inquiry in order to approve or disapprove your application. After the hard inquiry, you can expect a fall of 10 to 20 credit points.
Q2. Can I pay off an Ascend loan early?
Yes. You can easily pay off an Ascend Loan early, and the best part is, there is no extra fee for early payment. Also, you will not have to pay the interest rate if you pay the loan early.
Q3. How long does it take to get a loan from Ascend?
Once you submit a loan application at Ascend, they take action within 24 hours. Within 24 hours of sending the loan application, you will get to know if they approve your loan application or not. If approved, the loan amount will be deposited into your bank account within 3 to 7 business days.
Q4. Does Ascend require a cosigner?
No. Ascend does not provide co-signer or joint loans. Co-signer and joint loans are specially provided to people with bad credit scores. But since they do not provide loans to bad credit holders and only provide loans to people with fair to good credit options, there is no option for a co-signer loan.
Q5. Is Ascend Loans legit?
Yes. Ascend is a real company that provides small personal loans to people. Be it auto loans or loans to pay rent, they will provide you with a personal loan for everything. Its head office is in San Francisco.
Conclusion: Should I Get a Loan from Ascend?
All in all, Ascend Loans is going to be very expensive for you. Their APR ranges from 27.49% to 35.99%. You should only go for this loan service if all other lenders and banks have denied your loan request. Also, many reviews claim that this money lending company is fraud because they claim something else, and later the borrowers have to pay more fees. Make your final decision by considering all these points.
- Meet our Author of Our Editorial Team, Susan Anderson. She is an experienced writer and financial expert who has been writing about credit cards, card offers, services, and other related topics for more than twenty years. With her in-depth knowledge on the matter and her ability to distill complex topics into useful information for readers, Susan has become a go-to source for reliable credit card advice. In addition to her work at the editorial team, she also contributes to major publications such as The Wall Street Journal and CreditCards.com. With her expertise and industry experience, she is able to provide sound advice on all aspects of credit responsibly while helping people save money in the process.
- LoanMarch 16, 2023Bad Credit Personal Loans Guaranteed Approval $5 000 (Experts Pick)
- LoanMarch 16, 2023How to Get Approved for a Cell Phone with Bad Credit: Guide
- LoanMarch 16, 2023Need a Loan Been Refused Everywhere – Some Effective Solutions
- LoanMarch 16, 2023No Credit Check Loans Guaranteed Approval : Top 10 Lenders