You must have heard about the Shell credit card, but do you know about Shell Fuel Rewards Card? It is a gas card offered by CitiBank, which allows you to save money on your fuel expenses. After all, due to inflation, things are becoming expensive and since fuel is one of the most bought things, you need a gas credit card to save money on fuel.
In this article, we are going to give you an unbiased Shell Fuel Rewards Credit Card review. We will discuss its pros, and cons, interest rate, fee, fuel rewards, and basically everything that you need to know. In the end, we will also give out some of the best available options. So if you want to know about the Shell gas card then get on board with us.
What is Shell Fuel Rewards Card?
Shell Fuel Rewards card is a type of Shell credit card. CitiBank provides this card to people who want to save some bucks on their gas and fuel purchases. It is a closed-loop card, which means that it can only be used to purchase fuel or other shell purchases.
It comes with a zero annual fee and an APR of 26.49% (variable). This card is a really great opportunity for people with bad credit scores to save on their fuel expenses. But since the APR is high, this card can be very costly for you if you do not pay all the credit bills on time.
- It allows you to save 10¢/gal on every gas purchase.
- You can save 30¢ per gallon on your first 5 fuel purchases.
- Zero annual fees.
- You can save up to 10% on your non-fuel purchases from Shell.
Shell Fuel Rewards Credit Card Features
In this section, we are going to discuss the features of the Shell Gas Credit Card that make it distinct from other gas cards. Let’s get started.
- It helps you save 30¢ per gallon on your first 5 fuel purchases from Shell if you purchase gas up to 35 gallons.
- 10% rebate on non-fuel purchases from Shell, if it is up to $1,200.
- 10 ¢ per gallon savings on all your fuel purchases, if you purchase up to 35 gallons.
The interest rate of this credit card is really high and it can be a costly deal for you if you cannot pay the credit card bill for any reason.
- Cash Advance APR: 29.95% (variable)
- Purchase APR: 26.49% (variable)
Shell Fuel Rewards credit card comes with a $0.00 annual fee, but the late fee and cash advance fee can be high for some people. Especially for people with a bad credit score.
- Annual Fee: $0.00
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $40
- Cash Advance Fee: 5% or $10 (out of these two, the greater one will be applicable)
You get to save 10¢ per gallon on all your fuel purchases if you purchase fuel up to 35 gallons. Also, as a welcome bonus, you get to save up to 30¢ per gallon on your first 5 fuel purchases from Shell if you purchase gas up to 35 gallons.
Not just this, but you also get to save up to 10% on your non-fuel purchases from Shell locations.
On the fuel purchases, you get to save 10¢ per gallon on your current bill but in the case of nonfuel purchases, the 10% reward is added to your card and then you can claim it on any of your next fuel purchases.
Needed Credit Score
Since it is a reward card, you will need a good or at least a decent credit score. Where other reward cards ask for a much higher credit score, you can easily get Shell Fuel Rewards credit card with a credit score of 580.
Shell credit cards allow you to withdraw cash advances from any ATM or money withdrawal machine near you. But you will have to pay a cash advance fee of $10 or 5%, whichever is higher.
As a welcome bonus, you get to save 30 ¢ per gallon for your initial 5 fuel purchases.
They provide customer support through mail and call. You can find their customer care number as well as their mail address on their official website. They usually reply to the mail within 18-20 hours.
You can allot any person as an authorized user on your Shell business gas card. But you will have to keep in mind that only you can pay the credit card bill. No authorized user will be allowed to repay the bill on your behalf.
Your credit reporting will be safe and up-to-date with this Shell card because CitiBank reports to credit bureaus all your credit activity immediately. So it also helps in building your credit score.
Is Shell Credit Card for Me?
If you like to go on road trips or commute by your car for more than 2 hours a day then you should definitely go for this Shell Gas Credit Card. This will help you to save 10 ¢ per gallon on all your fuel purchases. It is a big amount for people who spend a lot on fuel.
Should I Get a Shell Fuel Rewards Credit Card?
Considering the benefits and rewards, Shell Fuel Rewards Card is one of the best gas cards for bad credit. You also get to save 10% on all your non-fuel purchases from Shell locations. If you spend a lot on fuel then you can definitely get this Shell Credit Card.
Other Alternative Options
In this section, we are going to tell you about some other gas cards that you can consider if you do not want to get the Shell Fuel Rewards Card.
1. Discover It Chrome Gas & Restaurant
Our Rating: 4.5/5
The Discover It Chrome Gas and Restaurant Card is one of the most famous gas cards out there. You get a 2% cash back on all your fuel purchases which are slightly more than the Shell Gas Card. Not just this, but you also get 1% cash back on all your eligible purchases.
- You can also use it for non-fuel purchases.
- 2% cash back on fuel and 1% cash back on non-fuel purchases.
- High rewards.
- High cash backs.
2. Exxon Mobil Smart Card+
Our Rating: 4.2/5
Exxon Mobil Smart Card+ allows you to make both non-fuel and fuel purchases but it is also a closed-loop credit card so you can only use it at Exxon. Though the number of Exxon gas stations is less, they offer more rewards. You get to save 42 ¢ per gallon for the first 2 months and after that, you can save up to 12 ¢ per gallon on all your fuel purchases. You can also save up to 5% on your non-fuel purchases from the Exxon stores.
- Very good welcome offer.
- Zero liability in case of fraud.
- Good savings on fuel.
- Low APR.
3. Shell Fuel Rewards MasterCard
Our Rating: 3.9/5
This card gives you 2% cash back on dining, groceries, and other daily use items as well as 1% cash back on other eligible products. It is just a normal credit card so there is no close looping. You can use this card for all kinds of purchases and even out of Shell Stations.
- Zero annual fees.
- 2% cash back on groceries.
- 1% cash back on other things.
We would like to give Shell Fuel Rewards Card an overall rating of 4.1/5. This Shell credit card has several benefits, such as, it helps you save a lot on fuel, there is no annual fee and you can also save 10% on non-fuel purchases. The only problem is, it is a closed-loop card so you can only use it to make purchases from Shell.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Where can I use a Shell gas card?
Ans. You can use this card to make both fuel and non-fuel purchases. But the only problem is, you can buy it only from the Shell Gas Station or Shell Store. You cannot use this card at any other store or gas station.
Q2. How to activate the Shell Fuel Rewards card?
Ans. When you receive your card, you will also get a paper along with it, where the activation process will be written. You will have to send a message from your registered mobile number and also follow the other steps.
Q3. What credit score is needed for a Shell gas card?
Ans. You should have a credit score of at least 580, in order to qualify for this card.
Q4. How to get a Shell gas card?
Ans. You just need to go to their official website and apply for the fuel rewards card. You will have to mention some of your basic details. Once this is done, the Shell officials will conduct a credit inquiry of your account. If you qualify for the card, you will get a mail. Once you receive the mail, if you want to proceed, you can submit your required documents. After all this, you will receive the Shell Gas Card within 10 to 12 days.
Q5. What bank does a Shell gas card use?
Ans. Shell gas cards are issued by CitiBank. It is one of the most reputed and reliable banks.
Q6. How to add a receipt to the Shell Fuel Rewards card?
Ans. You can call on the customer care number of Shell as well as mail them along with your transaction details. If there is any mistake on their part then they will add a receipt to your card.
- Elizabeth Jones is one of our editorial team’s leading authors on credit card offers, services & more. With over two decades of experience in the consumer credit industry and as a nationally recognized credit expert, Elizabeth provides in-depth analysis of both traditional & alternative forms of credit. Elizabeth regularly appears on many major media outlets including NBC Nightly News, Fox Business Network, CNBC & Yahoo! Finance. She is also a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine. As a highly appreciated author for our exclusive Editorial Team, Elizabeth strives to provide readers with a trustworthy advice on how to manage their credit accounts while staying informed on the latest offers in the marketplace.
- BlogSeptember 26, 2023How to Block Payments on Cash App: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 21, 2023How to Add Money to Apple Pay: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023PayPal Gift Cards: Everything You Need to Know
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023How to Add an Apple Gift Card to Wallet: A Step-by-Step Guide