Are you planning to get a credit card? If yes, then you must have heard about Petal 1 Credit Card. After all, it is one of the most famous and reputed credit cards which provides you with tons of rewards and cashback. In this blog, we are going to give you an honest Petal 1 Visa card review. We will discuss its fee, benefits, rewards, interest rate, and whatnot.
You might find many Petal 1 Credit Card reviews on the internet, but we promise you, this one is different. Now let’s get to know about this credit card in detail.
What is the Petal 1 Credit Card?
The Petal 1 Visa credit card is one of the rate unsecured cards that come with no annual fee. They are great for building credit and provide many rewards and cashback. Even if you have a bad credit score or no credit history at all, you get this card. You can easily get a credit limit of up to $5,000 with an average credit score. Petal 1 credit card is issued by WebBank. If you are a credit card newbie then Petal 1 Card is perfect for you to start with.
Petal 1 Credit Card Highlights
- No Annual Fee: Yes, you heard it right. Even though it is an unsecured credit card, it comes with zero annual fees.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee: Yes, it is another plus point of having a Petal 1 card. If you have a relative or a loved one living abroad, then you can easily send them money without paying the foreign transaction fee.
- No Deposit Needed: Since Petal is an unsecured card, you do not need to pay any security deposit to get this card.
- Credit Limit is High: Where other cards come with a maximum credit limit of $2,000 or $2,500, the Petal 1 Visa credit card comes with a maximum credit limit of $5,000. Even if you have a fair credit score, you can easily avail of the maximum credit limit.
- Helps You Build Credit: This card makes immediate reporting of all your credit card activities to all three credit bureaus. So it helps in recording all your credit card activity and thus this card helps in improving your credit score.
- Easy Qualification For No Credit or Bad Credit: Even if you have a bad credit score or no credit history at all, you can easily qualify for this card. After all, the main objective of Petal cards is to provide credit cards to people with bad credit and no credit.
- You can get this card even with a bad credit score or no credit history.
- No annual fee or foreign transaction fee.
- Immediate credit reporting to the credit bureaus.
- Good for building credit.
Petal 1 Credit Card Features
Out of all the Petal 1 credit card reviews, this one is different. Here we are going to discuss all the features of the Petal 1 Credit Card in detail. So now let’s have a look at all the features of this card one by one.
Our Rating: 1.8/5
We are giving 1.8/5 to Petal cards for interest rate because where the purchase APR is average for good credit holders, it can be a bit expensive for bad credit holders. There are other credit cards that offer comparatively lower interest rates for bad credit holders.
- Purchase APR: 22.99% to 32.49%
Our Rating: 4.7/5
This card totally deserves a good rating in this section because you literally have to pay no fees on this card. There is no card annual fee, card maintenance fee, monthly fee, or foreign transaction fee. Though you will have to pay the late fee if you do not pay your credit card bill on time.
- Annual Fee: $0.00
- Monthly Maintenance Fee: $0.00
- Returned Payment Fee: $29.00
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $40.00
Our Rating: 1.0/5
We are giving just 1.0 points to Petal cards in this section because the rewards are very limited and you only get to use them on some particular merchants. You will have to check the Petal app to see which merchants provide rewards on your Petal Card.
You get to use the Petal reward points as statement credits. Also, if you are using rewards for more than $20 at once, you can make a bank check or transfer.
Our Rating: 4.5/5
Petal 1 Card totally deserves a 4.5/5 for their credit limit. Their maximum credit limit is $5,000. And you can easily get the highest credit limit with even a fair credit score. Their credit limit ranges from $300 to $5,000 and it totally depends on your credit score. In case your initial credit limit is low, you can increase it by boosting your credit score. We will tell you more about this later in this article.
Credit Limit Increase
The best part is, even if your credit limit is low initially, it will gradually increase with time on a regular interval. For more details on this, you can check the Petal app.
Our Rating: 4.5/5
This credit card does immediate reporting of all your credit activities to all three credit bureaus. Hence, it also helps you with credit building.
Petal 1 Visa Credit Card Benefits
Our Rating: 3.5/5
Petal 1 Credit Card comes with several benefits. Here’s a list of some of those benefits.
1. Zero Liability for Fraud
If you become a victim of monetary fraud through this card, you will have zero liability for the losses. Petal will pay for your losses. This allows you to ditch the liability of unauthorized transactions or purchases.
2. Zero Liability for Identity Theft
In case someone tries to steal your identity and make purchases in your name, you will not have to pay for those purchases. Petal will take complete liability for that.
3. You Get All the Benefits of a Visa Card
Since Petal 1 credit card is a Visa card, you get all the benefits of a Visa Card. You can use this card in foreign nations and it comes with wide acceptability. Most merchants accept this card.
4. Free Credit Scores
Every month, you get free credit scores according to your credit report from Experian. Hence, it gives you a great opportunity to increase your credit score.
5. Emergency Card Replacement
In case you have lost your card or someone stole your card, you can easily just block your current card and get a new card in replacement within a week.
6. Easy Roadside Dispatch
Where most cards have a transaction limit and you can only use them for a particular number of times in a day, Petal 1 is different. You can use this card to make as many transitions as you want. There is no limit on the number and amount of transitions. So you can use this card to buy all the basic things like fuel, food, and groceries, without any tension.
How Can I Get Petal 1 Credit Card?
If you want to get the Petal card, you can follow the procedure given below.
Required Credit Score
As mentioned on the official website of Petal, this card is especially for people with poor credit or zero credit holders. So there is no ideal credit score that you need in order to get this credit card. But if you apply for a credit card at Petal, they will check two things:
- Credit Score
- Cash Score
Depending on your credit score and your cash score, they will decide whether they should give you a credit card or not. Credit scores are the points that you get for paying your credit card bills on time. Cash scores are the points decided by Petal, depending on your income and other things.
Before sending an actual credit card application, you can try to pre-qualify for this card by filling out the pre-qualification form that is available on the official website of Petal. This way, you will get to know whether you should actually spend some of your credit scores on their hard inquiry or not.
To get this credit card, first of all, you will have to go through the pre-approval process. It is a 5-minute form and after filling it out, you will get to know if you can apply just for the Petal 1 credit card or if you can choose between Petal 1 and Petal 2 cards. It totally depends on your credit score. People with better credit scores get to choose between both cards.
If you qualify for this pre-approval process, then you will get to the actual application. Once you fill out that application form and your application gets approved, you will get the Petal card within 15 days.
You would not get a Petal card if you fall under any of the following categories:
- Right now you are in jail.
- You went bankrupt within the last 48 months.
- You already own a Petal card.
- You have applied for a Petal card previously.
The list is not over yet, there are some other restrictions as well. You might not get the Petal card if your bank account is not 3 months old already or you do not receive a regular income.
How Can I Increase My Credit Score with Petal 1 Visa Credit Card?
As we told you earlier, Petal 1 credit cards are great for boosting your credit, let’s find out how you can boost your credit score using this card.
1. Keep a Track of Your Spending
Too many payments can decrease your credit score. So keep a track of your spending and only make important payments with this card. Also, if you use your credit card for every small purchase, you might actually end up spending more than necessary and exceeding your credit limit.
2. Cut Your Expenses
Try to spend less. Make sure that you leave some balance on your credit card. If you use your complete credit limit, it can have a negative effect on your credit score. Do not use your credit card on every unnecessary thing. Saving money is only going to help you in emergency situations.
3. Keep a Check on Your Credit Score
Check your credit score every month. When you see that your credit score is decreasing, try to improve it in the upcoming months. Also, whenever you see a window of improvement, take the right actions and improve your credit score.
4. Pay the Bills on Time
Do you know that 30% of your credit score actually depends on how much time you take in paying your credit card bills? Make sure that you pay your credit card bill on time so that your credit score can increase.
5. Increase Your Credit Limit
Do you know that more credit limit actually helps you get more credit scores? Yes, you heard it right. So make sure that you maintain your credit card well, and pay all the credit card bills on time. This will help you to get a credit limit increase faster.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the credit limit on Petal 1 card?
The highest credit limit on the Petal 1 card is $5,000. In case, you have an above-average credit score, you can easily get the highest credit limit. The credit limit of this card ranges from $300 to $5,000.
Q2. What credit score do you need for a Petal 1 visa?
As mentioned on the official website of Petal, this card is especially for bad credit holders. So you do not actually need a credit score to get a Petal 1 Visa. You can get this card with zero credit history as well as a bad credit score.
Q3. Does Petal 1 increase credit?
Yes. Petal reports all your credit activities to all three major credit bureaus. So it definitely helps you increase your credit score. It is a really good card for improving your bad credit or starting your credit score journey. But, it will only increase your credit score when you will pay the bills on time and leave some balance on the card.
Q4. What’s the difference between Petal 1 and Petal 2?
The main difference between the Petal 1 and Petal 2 cards is, Petal 1 is for bad credit holders, whereas Petal 2 is for good credit holders where the rewards are limited on Petal 1 card, Petal 2 card provides 1.5% cash back on all eligible purchases. Petal 2 card has a lower interest rate and a maximum credit limit of $10,000.
Conclusion: Should I Get This Credit Card?
Now that you have all the basic information about the Petal 1 credit card, let’s see if this is an ideal card for you or not.
This card is good for you if:
- You want to Build Your Credit
If you have a bad credit score or have no credit history and this is going to be your first credit card then you should definitely go with Petal 1 Visa credit card. It is a great card to start with. It reports your credit activities to the credit bureaus immediately, which helps in building your credit.
- You Have No Social Security Number
In case you have no security number, you should go with this card. Because it is one of the rarest cards that you can get without a social security number.
- Elizabeth Jones is one of our editorial team’s leading authors on credit card offers, services & more. With over two decades of experience in the consumer credit industry and as a nationally recognized credit expert, Elizabeth provides in-depth analysis of both traditional & alternative forms of credit. Elizabeth regularly appears on many major media outlets including NBC Nightly News, Fox Business Network, CNBC & Yahoo! Finance. She is also a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine. As a highly appreciated author for our exclusive Editorial Team, Elizabeth strives to provide readers with a trustworthy advice on how to manage their credit accounts while staying informed on the latest offers in the marketplace.
- BlogSeptember 26, 2023How to Block Payments on Cash App: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 21, 2023How to Add Money to Apple Pay: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023PayPal Gift Cards: Everything You Need to Know
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023How to Add an Apple Gift Card to Wallet: A Step-by-Step Guide