These days more people have started using credit cards as they offer rewards, perks, and other several benefits. If you need immediate cash then credit cards always become the ideal choice. But, sometimes you need to pay the debt which can be more and you are not able to pay it. So, here we are to resolve all your problems with the Citi Simplicity card. This will help you in debt consolidation as it provides an extended 0% APR for 21 months. Although it offers fewer rewards & perks it is a very good choice for users who are facing problems in paying their debt. Today, we will discuss the Citi Simplicity card review in detail to get more clarification. Let’s start.
Citi Simplicity Card Overview
Our Rating: 4.2/5
The Citi Simplicity credit card is the perfect option for balance transfers and not for daily borrowing. If you do balance transfers then you can get 0% APR for 21 months and for purchases you get 0% APR for 12 months. It means that you don’t need to pay interest on purchases for almost a year and for balance transfers for almost 2 years.
So, you can see that no other card will not provide you with this much benefit without any complications. In case you are not looking for big purchases then you can look for other cards as it comes up with high APR, no rewards, and very less benefits.
- Get 0% APR for 21 months on balance transfers
- 0% APR for 12 months on purchases
- Zero annual fees
- No fees for late payment
- 0 penalty APR
- You can also use Citi® Flex Play
- 24*7 customer support.
- Digital Wallets.
- You can make payments easily.
- It has feasible due dates for payments.
- There will be no charges for fraud.
- You can protect your ID from theft.
- It has automatic a/c alerts.
Benefits of Citi Simplicity Card
Let’s have a look at the benefits that you will get if you use a Citi Simplicity card:
- Balance transfer fee: $5 or 5%
- Returned payment fee: Up to $40
- Annual fee: $0
- Foreign transaction fee: 3%
- Cash advance fee: $10 or 5%
2. Interest Rates
- Intro APR (Purchases): 0% for 12 months
- Intro APR (balance transfers): 0% for 21 months.
- APR for Citi® Flex plan: 15.49% to 25.49% (variable).
- Minimum interest charge: $0.50
- Cash advance APR: 25.99%
- Balance transfer APR: 15.49% to 25.49% (variable).
This card will not offer you rewards so if you are looking for an addition then you must not go for Citi Simplicity. Having good credit will allow you to qualify for a Citi Simplicity card, but you can also utilize your credit to obtain a great rewards card. You can go for various borrowing choices that provide cashback and rewards.
4. Cash Advance
You can take cash from an ATM/bank as you have the option of cash advances. It has a high APR for a cash advance which is 25.99%. You can also start receiving interest with an interest rate, if you withdraw money then it can charge more so before withdrawing you should consider this. They will charge $10/5% as a fee from you.
5. Balance Transfer
The main use of this card is balance transfer as it provides 0% APR, a feasible limit for balance transfer & four months time for a balance transfer after your account has been opened. Before making a balance transfer keep these points in your mind:
- Balance transfers are subject to a 5% fee with the lowest charge which is $5.
- Once your a/c is opened you should start your transfer in four months.
- If you start the balance transfer all of a sudden when you open the account then it took 14 days.
- The total of balance transfers which include fees must be smaller than your credit limit.
- If you fail to pay the transfer amount then they will charge interest from you.
- You are not able to transfer the balance if you use other affiliated or Citi credit cards.
6. Citi Flex Plan
This card allows you to use the Citi Flex Plan which allows you to access 2 programs:
- Citi Flex Loan
The Citi flex loan allows you to take a loan with the help of a credit card. The interest rate will be fixed and you have fixed periodic payments that you have to pay during the term of the loan. If you are a customer of a Citi card then you don’t need to finish the application process. Apart from this, you will be able to convert the credit limit into a loan that you can pay at a fixed interest rate.
- Citi® Flex Pay
It allows you to make payments for the purchases that you have made at an agreed APR which is lower than the normal interest rate. It ranges from 1 to 3 years. No need for a credit check but the credit will get decreased from the Flex Pay.
7. No Late Fees or Penalty APR
Citi Simplicity will not charge any fees from you if you make late payments and it will not charge any penalty APR. If you fail to make payments then no fine will be charged to you. But make sure to make credit card payments on time otherwise it will damage the credit score.
8. Credit Reporting
It reports to agencies each month and if you use this card with extra care then you can keep the credit report updated & in green.
Whether the Citi Simplicity Card is Good for Me?
This card is a great option if you want to do a balance transfer and don’t want any complications & also it is not a very expensive card. It provides 0% APR for long periods and also gives more time to start a balance transfer and it comes up with less annual fees. It has a high APR and also won’t provide any rewards. So, if you want the latest credit card then it is the perfect card that you can go for.
For Whom is this Card for?
If you dive into any of the following categories then the Citi Simplicity card is for you:
- People planning a large purchase: If you make big purchases and you need more time to make payments then this card is for you. As for purchases, it provides 0% APR for 12 months with zero interest. Citi Flex Pay provides other repayment options if you want to do big purchases but you have finished your intro APR.
- Debt Consolidators: If you have a big balance on your credit cards and you want to consolidate debts, then this card is for you. Debt consolidation is one of the ways to repay debt. This card charges a fee for balance transfer but it has a low maintenance fee for the transfer and you can pay it within 21 months.
Other Comparable Options for Citi Simplicity Card
Let’s have a look at other
1. Citi Diamond Preferred Card
Our Rating: 4.1/5
This card offers 0% APR for 21 months on balance transfers with 0 interest and zero annual fees. It has less APR which is 16.74% to 26.74% (variable) as compared to the Citi Simplicity card. You can also see your FICO score for free.
- 0% APR for 21 months on balance transfers
- 0% APR for 12 months on purchases
- 0 annual fee
2. Citi Double Cash Card
Our Rating: 4.5/5
The Citi double cash card provides 2% cash back on every purchase & 0% APR for 18 months on balance transfers which is a very beneficial card for you. The fees for balance transfers are also low at 3%.
- Zero annual fees.
- No limit on 2% rewards.
- Get $200 as a welcome bonus.
- 0% APR for 1st 18 months.
- You are allowed to use Citi Entertainment.
3. Discover it Cash Back Card
Our Rating: 4.4/5
This card is basically a “rewards credit card” that comes with many opportunities & it is a card with 0 annual fees. It will not provide you to earn more but offer you good cashback that helps in saving & spending.
- 1% to 5% cashback.
- “Dollar-for-dollar” cashback for 1st year.
- 0 annual fee
- 0% APR for 15 months
- Zero foreign settlement fees
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it hard to get a Citi Simplicity card?
You need a good credit score which can be 700 plus for approval. So, it becomes a bit hard for you to get the Citi Simplicity card.
Q2. What is the benefit of the Citi Simplicity card?
The benefit of using the Citi Simplicity card is that it has zero late fees and 0 penalty rate.
Q3. What is the credit limit for a Citi Simplicity card?
The credit limit for a Citi Simplicity card should not be less than $500.
Q4. Which Citi card is easiest to get?
The simplest Citi card that you can get is a “Citi Secured Mastercard”.
Q5. Does Citi Simplicity have an annual fee?
The Citi Simplicity has zero annual fees.
Q6. What credit score is needed for a Citi Simplicity card?
A 750 credit score is needed for a Citi Simplicity card.
Finally, we’d want to give Citi Simplicity a 4.2/5 overall rating because they prove their worth with their features. Instead of using it for daily borrowing, it is the ideal choice for balance transfers. There are no hidden costs, and their prices are fair. There are no incentives, which is the main drawback. Therefore, it is now up to you to choose whether to purchase this card or check into the other options that we have provided.
- Elizabeth Jones is one of our editorial team’s leading authors on credit card offers, services & more. With over two decades of experience in the consumer credit industry and as a nationally recognized credit expert, Elizabeth provides in-depth analysis of both traditional & alternative forms of credit. Elizabeth regularly appears on many major media outlets including NBC Nightly News, Fox Business Network, CNBC & Yahoo! Finance. She is also a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine. As a highly appreciated author for our exclusive Editorial Team, Elizabeth strives to provide readers with a trustworthy advice on how to manage their credit accounts while staying informed on the latest offers in the marketplace.
- BlogSeptember 26, 2023How to Block Payments on Cash App: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 21, 2023How to Add Money to Apple Pay: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023PayPal Gift Cards: Everything You Need to Know
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023How to Add an Apple Gift Card to Wallet: A Step-by-Step Guide